During the last decade I have been invited to present my work at numerous institutions in more than 30 countries. This includes some of the most prestigious universities in the world such as NYU, Columbia, Princeton, UCD San Diego, University of Miami, the EUI in Florence, Oxford, Edinburgh, NUS in Singapore, MGIMO in Moscow, McGill in Montreal and many others. I have also been invited by numerous governments, international organisations and legal bodies, including the Colombian Congress, the New York City Bar Association, the European Commission, the Ecuadorian Ombudsman, the Chilean Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Brazilian Ministry of Labour. Below there are videos to some of such presentations as well as a list of presentations for 2018.
- ‘Construcción jurídica del nacional y del extranjero en Sudamérica desde la independencia hasta la actualidad. 200 años de leyes de inmigración y de nacionalidad’, Public seminar, UNIBE, Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic), 18 January. Invitation.
- ‘Open borders in the nineteenth century: constructing the national, the citizen and the foreigner in South America’, Public Seminar, Refugee Studies Centre, University of Oxford, 24 January. Invitation.
- ‘Humanitarian Residence Permits in Europe’, presentation to migration civil servants in Turkey, Ankara, 19 February. Invitation.
- ‘Citizenship in Latin America from a Comparative Historical Perspective: Current Evolution and Spanish Influences in Its Origin’, SLAS 2018 Conference, Winchester, UK, 22 March.
- ‘The National vs the Foreigner in South America’, Public Seminar, Centre for Latin American Studies, University of Berkeley, San Francisco, 5 April. Invitation.
- ‘Enforcing the Rights of Migrants in Regional Migration Law. Perspectives beyond Europe’, ISA 2018 Conference, San Francisco, 7 April.
- ‘Regional Cooperation in South America: Towards a Real Free Movement of People Regime? LASA Conference 2018, Barcelona, 23 May.
- Discussant in the Session: ‘Managing Mobility: Migration Governance in South America’, LASA Conference 2018, Barcelona, 23 May.
- Book Launch: The National versus the Foreigner in South America. Discussants: Prof. Bridget Anderson and Prof. Dora Kostakopoulou, Bristol, 31 May.
- ‘Developments on Immigration Law in South America’, Invesment Migration Forum 2018, Geneva, 4-6 June. Invitation.
‘Understanding migration by governance actors and its impact on the law in South America: Irregular migrants, family members and regional citizens’, The Dynamics of Regional Migration Governance Conference, European University Institute, Florence, 25 May 2017.
‘Ciudadanía Sudamericana, Migración y Movilidad en la Región. La Política Migratoria Chilena en Perspectiva Comparada en Sudamérica’, Universidad de Chile, Santiago de Chile, 21 March 2017. Mins 22:00-50:00
‘Protección Judicial en el Derecho de la UE de las Personas Migrantes’, Diálogos Judiciales en el Sistema Interamericano de Garantía de Derechos Humanos, Universidad Pompeu Fabra Barcelona (Spain), 25-27 February. Mins 2:30-30:00
‘The EU’s Returns Directive: What Member States Can and Cannot do’, Combating Irregular Migration within the Context of Turkey’s EU Accession Process Conference, Ankara University, Funded by the Konrad Adenauer Stiftung, Ankara (Turkey), 15 November 2013. Mins 52:30-1.14:00